Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Queen of the Barbed One-liners

Ms. JOAN RIVERS

Joan, that's right we can call each other by our first names, she's a friend. Anyway Will and I went to see her show the other night, she was performing with the Symphony (Will's Christmas present). I know you are asking yourself what do those two share in common, good grief surely I have no clue. A lot of people at the show were asking the same question. But it was a awesome night with great music and the greatest banter I had ever heard. She rattled one-liners so fast, I do not think I retained 2% of what she said in her hour and a half monologue. But the next day my side still hurt from laughing so much. 

After the show we went to the stage door and waited for her. This was one person I was going to meet, I grew up watching her on all the talk shows. There were about 20 people gathered waiting for her. About 30 minutes later she came out and was the perfect hostess with all her fans. She talked with everyone, signed pictures, programs, ticket stubs. Had her picture taken with anyone that wanted one, as a matter of fact she requested that you have two taken in case the first one does not turn out. What a pleasure it was to meet her, it will be an evening that I will always remember. The picture above is one of two that I had her sign for me to put in my collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment